Botanical Name: Sapindus mukorossi
Soapnuts, also known as Reetha, Aritha, soapberries or washing nuts, have been used to make natural hair care products since time immemorial. This plant is rich in saponin, which makes your hair healthy, shiny, and lustrous when used regularly. Reetha is hypoallergenic, absolutely odorless, and doesn’t cause any damage to fabrics. Hence, it is widely used as a cleaning agent.
The sustainable nature and versatility of Soapnuts make them an important part of one’s home. It is all-natural, eco-friendly and cheap. When it comes in contact with water, it creates mild suds that resemble soap. Hence, it is used for a variety of purposes, from washing clothes to making ornaments shine.
Many of us are well aware of the benefits of Soapnuts for the hair. However, their benefits aren’t restricted to just hair. These nuts are amazing for our health and skin as well and have multiple uses.
- 100% Natural, Vegan and free from additives/preservatives.
- It is an Excellent Natural Conditioner that help in moisturizing your skin. It lightens your complexion and evens out your skin tone.
- Soapnut powder naturally cleanses the skin & hair. It contains vitamins A, D, E, and K which impart shine to your hair and make it smooth. It also nourishes the hair and help with hair growth.
- You can easily substitute your regular soap with Soapnut powder. It cools your skin and cleanses it as well. It helps with dandruff and removal of lice from the scalp.
- Produced and Packed in India.
Merlion Natural's Soapnut Powder is made by grinding Dried Soapnut berries to a fine mesh. The product is processed at ISO Certifed processing facility and then packed in Food grade consumer packs under a hygienic environment. At Merlion Natural's we ensure that only fresh batches of products are packed.
I have used other brands and I much prefer Merlion. It is a very fine Powder not gritty like others. It also smells better and doesn't seem to stain my nails and rinses clean